Had a quick surf around ‘blogland’ a while back and was amazed, nay shocked, at the level of narrowmindedness, stupidity and fascism of certain Americans. What made it worse was that some of these blogs actually had ‘followers’ which seemed to suggest that other idiots also agreed with these loons! Some articles even had ‘Likes’ (shiver).
Here’s just a few quick things I noticed:
- socialists are evil (c.f. the devil / North Korean dictators / Obama / Democrats)
- the Tea Party are a viable alternative to the other two mental forms of capitalism they have!
- God is real, is not a fat, black woman and really does exist on a cloud in the sky
- their media is a left-wing conspiracy which seeks to eat children and ban Mom’s Apple Pie
- guns are great for killing animals, communists and schoolteachers
- the world starts and ends at their borders
- affordable healthcare for poor people is a really bad idea
- shitting on everyone else to make a buck is perfectly acceptable behaviour
Honest! I am not kidding. This is a scary country. How many of these nutters must live there? No wonder they want to read our emails and tap our telephones here in the UK – we must be the lair of the anti-Christ, what with all our politically-correct over the top nonsense.
Please someone tell me that not all Yanks are mad, gun-toting psychopaths! I might want to go on holiday there one day.